The contents of this website have been carefully compiled and the information provided was believed to be true and correct at the time of production. The Board of Directors of Geelong Football Club Limited ("Geelong Cats"), their agents and/or servants shall not be held responsible for any loss or damage arising from any inaccuracy or other defect in the information, documentation or external information.
COMMITTED CATS PROGRAM
SCHOOL & CLUB COMPETITION
All details must be included in the submitted form to be eligible.
The winner will be contacted by Tuesday 8 August 2017 via phone and email.
Maximum of 30 tickets will be provided to the winner. Minimum of two adults need to be present at the game, and they are responsible for all juniors attending.
Tickets will be to Rd 21 Geelong Cats Vs Richmond at Simonds Stadium
Entrants must have parental consent to enter.
This is a money can't buy experience, this prize is not transferable for cash
Geelong Cats have the rights to publicise, broadcast, film, publish and communicate to the public the names, characters, likenesses, images, videos or voices of the winner of the competition.
Terms and conditions may change at discretion of Geelong Cats without notice.
CATS GOLDEN GETAWAY COMPETITION
Schedule for the 2017 Cats Membership Promotion – Gold Coast Experience
2017 Cats Membership Promotion – Gold Coast Experience
The Promotion will be conducted by the Geelong Football Club Limited (ABN 67 005 150 818) of Simonds Stadium, Kardinia Park, La Trobe Terrace, Geelong, Victoria, 3220 (“the GFC”), via its nominee, the Chief Commercial Officer of GFC. The GFC is a not-for-profit organisation.
Entry is open to Australian residents.
Entrants must be members of the Geelong Cats for the 2017 AFL Premiership Season, at the time of entry and at the time of winning to be eligible to redeem any prize (“Geelong Cats Member”).
Entry is open to all ages of Geelong Cats Members, however if the Geelong Cats Member is under the age of 18 years, they must have parental or guardian consent (being a person aged 18 years or older) at the commencement of the Entry Period, and at the time of winning in order to be eligible to redeem any prize.
Method of Entry
To enter, entrants must:
The Promoter will conduct a Draw of all eligible entrants to determine one (1) Major Prize Winner.
The Promoter will contact the Winner and conduct validity checks to confirm that the Winner is a current and paid 2017 Geelong Cats Member. If the Winner is deemed not to be a current and paid up Geelong Cats Member, they will be disqualified and the Promoter will conduct a re-draw to determine a Winner.
The Winner must nominate a person to be their Travel Companion in order to redeem the prize. The Travel Companion and the Winner must sign a Performance Release and an Indemnity Form in order to participate and redeem the prize.
If the Winner is under the age of 18 years at the time of winning, the following will apply:
Opens: 27 February 2017 at 06:00am (AEDT)
Closes: 9 April 2017 at 12:01am (AEDT)
Major Prize Draw: The Promoter will hold a Major Prize Draw on 10 April 2017 at 11:00am (AEDT) at Simonds Stadium, Kardinia Park, La Trobe Terrace, Geelong, VIC, 3220.
Draw Method: A Draw method The Promoter will conduct a random computerised draw of all eligible entrants will be conducted to determine one (1) Major Prize Winner. The Draw will be conducted in the presence of representatives of the Promoter, together with an independent witness acting as a scrutiniser, who is not associated with the management or conduct of the Promotion.
Additional Information & Terms
Travel Prizes: In respect of elements of the prize that relate to Travel and Accommodation, the Prize may require booking and completing as specified by the GFC. Unless expressly stated otherwise, if a Prize involves travel, no other costs will be included and all expenses (including, but not limited to, the costs of transport to and from a prize venue and meals), other than those specifically referred to, will be at each winner’s and (if applicable) their accompanying guest’s cost. Accommodation is for room charges only. The Promoter will not be liable for the failure of the winner and any accompanying guests to meet travel schedules or cancellations for whatever reason and regardless as to fault, and no cash or alternative tickets or bookings will be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize. No travel insurance is included in any travel prize.
Vouchers / Tickets: Unless expressly stated otherwise, if a Prize involves tickets to an event, the Promoter will not be responsible for any changes in times or dates, or cancellations or rescheduling of events that may prevent the prize winner from redeeming the prize or any part of it; and no cash or alternative tickets will be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize. All tickets are only valid for the date or period specified on the tickets or by the provider, and are subject to any terms and conditions imposed by the provider. Once awarded, the Promoter is not liable for any ticket that has been lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way.
Alcohol: Should the Prize include an event at which alcohol will be served, participants must be aged 18 years or over.. All prize winners and their guests must carry valid photo identification with them at all times during the Event. If alcohol is made available as part of the prize at the Event, then this will be provided subject to the principles of responsible service of alcohol as exercised by the staff and management of the premises at which the Event takes place. The premises staff and management reserve the right to refuse service of alcohol to any prize winner or their accompanying guest should they be deemed to be intoxicated.
Meet & Greet: Unless expressly stated otherwise, a Prize involves a “meet and greet” element with a celebrity/artist/public figure this is subject to the discretion of the Promoter and will at all times be subject to the availability. The Promoter will not be liable for the failure of the winner and any accompanying guests to meet the figure for whatever reason, and no cash or alternative tickets will be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
If prize winner, recipient, or participant under 18 years of age: Entrants under the age of 18 years must have parent or guardian consent to enter the Promotion. If the Prize winner, or recipient or participant in an activity conducted in connection with this Promotion is under 18 years of age, a parent or legal guardian of that person must be present for the duration of that event, as one of the participants.
Prize Details: All Prize(s) will be awarded as specified in to the Prize Details. If a Prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter, at its discretion, may substitute it for another item of equal or higher value. The Prize(s) are subject to any prize restrictions specified in the Schedule subject to the Relevant State Authorities that have granted the licence. All Prizes or parts of the Prize(s) are subject to availability, non- transferable and non-exchangeable, must be used on any dates specified in these terms and conditions or as stipulated by the prize provider and are not redeemable for cash unless cash is specified. The Promoter will not be responsible or liable if for any reason beyond their reasonable control any element of any prize is not provided. The Promoter will not be liable for any damage to or delay in transit of prizes, or for any compensation in relation to those prizes.
Winners will be notified by telephone within two (2) business days of the Draw.
Publication of Winners
Prize winners details will be published on the Website from 24 April 2017 for a period of 28 days.
Conditions of Entry
1. Instructions and information on how to enter form part of these Conditions of Entry. Participation in this Promotion constitutes acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule).
2. To the extent that there is any inconsistency between the Conditions of Entry Schedule and the Terms and Conditions; the Terms and Conditions of Entry Schedule will prevail.
3. In these Conditions of Entry,
a) all references to Contestants to the Promotion, has been given the meaning of any entrant, finalists, registered participant, prize winners, and/or contestant.
b) any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise.
4. By submitting an entry into this Promotion, entrants warrant that they have read, understand and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and the Schedule to Conditions of Entry.
5. The Promoter may (subject to State Regulations) vary the terms of, or terminate, this Promotion at any time at its absolute discretion without liability to any contestant or other person. The Promoter will not award the prize if the Promotion is terminated.
6. The Promoter’s decisions in connection with the Promotion are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Eligibility & Exclusions
7. Eligibility to enter the Promotion is subject to the Entry Restrictions. Contestants must at all times comply with the Entry Restrictions. Those Entrants who have not complied, will be disqualified and/or ineligible to redeem a Prize.
8. Contestants are required to take full responsibility for ensuring that they meet the Eligibility Criteria and complies with these Conditions of Entry.
9. Contestants warrant that they are entering this Promotion in a wholly private nature and are not entering on behalf of a business or enterprise activity.
10. Should a Contestants contact details change during the Promotion Period, it is the Contestants’ responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
11. The Promoter and/or its representatives may conduct security and/or verification checks (including enforcement of the Verification Requirements) in their absolute discretion to determine the bona fides of an entrant’s eligibility to enter the Promotion.
12. Unless otherwise stated in these terms and conditions, no person may participate in this Promotion on behalf of any third party. Any person who is discovered to have used or attempted to use more than one name in entering the Promotion will be disqualified from participating in the Promotion and/or redeeming a prize.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to exclude any persons from the Promotion on the ground of their medical condition or history, for the safety of the Promoter’s staff members or others or for any other reason, for example bringing the Promoter’s brand into disrepute. The Promoter also reserves the right to disqualify a Contestant for any reason (including but not limited to):
a) That person’s medical condition or history.
b) The preservation of the safety of the Promoter’s staff members or any other person or because the Promoter deems that the behaviour of a person may bring the Promoter’s brand into disrepute.
c) If a person is deemed to not to be eligible to enter or to win.
d) If at any stage they engage in, cause or incite physical violence (e.g. punching, slapping), inappropriate, illegal, unsociable or unsafe behaviour; and/or
e) If the safety of any of the Promoter’s staff member is compromised.
14. Contestants proposing to redeem prizes involving participation in the Promotion where it involves travel or participation in an event, may, at the absolute discretion of the Promoter, first be required to execute a Deed of Release and Indemnity in a form prescribed by the Promoter in order to participate further in the Promotion and/or redeem the prize.
Method of Entry & Draw
15. The Promotion will be conducted during the Promotion Period.
16. Contestants may enter this Promotion in accordance with Method of Entry. Those entrants, who have not complied the Method of Entry will be disqualified.
17. Inaudible, incomplete, incomprehensible or late entries (whichever is applicable) will not be eligible and will be disqualified.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entry which in the opinion of the Promoter includes any content which may be unlawful, profane, inflammatory, defamatory and/or damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promoter.
19. All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter may rely on these clauses even after the Promoter has awarded or appeared to have awarded the prize to a person or after a person is announced as a Prize Winner. The Promoter reserves its rights to require return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter if this occurs.
Prizes & Prize Winners
20. Information and details about Prize(s) are set out in the Schedule. Prize values are accurate as at the commencement date.
21. All other costs, fees, charges or expenses associated with the Prize(s), which are not specified in the Schedule, are the responsibility of the winner(s) and any Travel Companion.
22. If the prize is awarded via a prize draw, the draw will take place in accordance with the Draw Details.
23. All prizes are non transferable and non exchangeable or redeemable for cash, and must be used on any dates specified in these terms and conditions, by the Promoter and are not redeemable for cash unless cash is specified. If for any reason a prize is not available, the Promoter will substitute it for another prize of equal or higher value (in its discretion), subject to regulatory requirements.
24. All prize values are the recommended retail value as provided by the supplier, are in Australian dollars and are correct at the time of printing. The Promoter takes no responsibility for variations in the prize value. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from winning of the prizes. Independent financial advice should be sought.
25. No other costs will be included and all expenses (including, but not limited to, the costs of transport to and from a prize venue and meals), other than those specifically referred to in these Terms and Conditions, will be at each Contestants’ and (if applicable) their Travel Companion’s cost. Accommodation is for room charges only.
26. The Promoter will not be responsible for any changes in times or dates, or cancellations or rescheduling of events that may prevent the prize winner from redeeming the prize or any part of it.
27. The Promoter will not be responsible or liable if for any reason beyond their reasonable control any element of any prize is not provided. The Promoter may, subject to State regulations, substitute a different prize of equivalent value in place of any prize referred to in these terms and conditions.
28. Where the prize involves the winners attendance at or tickets to an event, if any part of the event is cancelled, varied or rescheduled for any reason, then at the Promoter’s discretion, the entrants and any Travel Companion will forfeit all rights to attend the relevant event and no cash or alternative tickets will be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
29. The Promoter will not be liable for the failure of the winner and any Travel Companion to attend any event for whatever reason, and no cash or alternative tickets will be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize. Obtaining time off work and/or study or related activities to participate in the Promotion and/or a prize will be the sole and absolute responsibility of each contestant.
30. If a prize winner does not take any element of a prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that prize or any part of it.
31. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency, proof of age, and proof of a current 2017 Geelong Cats Membership; in order to claim a prize. Proof of identity, residency and/or entry validity considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter’s discretion. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
32. Database Member – Restricted Entry: The Promoter may specify in the Entry Conditions that edibility of the Promotion is limited to persons registered on a specific membership database managed and owned by the Promoter. Registration to any database listed is free and registration is online at the Promoters website. The entrant must be a currently registered member of the database at the time of entry and at the time of any prize redemption. The Promoter or its representatives may conduct verification checks of the entrant or winner to determine registration of that membership database to ensure bona fides. In the event that the entrants details do not accord with the details of their registration the Promoter may, at their complete discretion, deem that entrant to be ineligible to enter or to win or to redeem a prize in the Promotion.
Release & Indemnity
33. To the extent permitted by law, all Contestants release from, and indemnify the Promoter against all liability, cost, loss or expense arising out of acceptance of any prize(s) or participation in the Promotion including (but not limited to) loss of income, loss of opportunity, personal injury and damage to property, whether direct or consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission or otherwise.
34. The Promoter and its agencies and representatives associated with this Promotion will not be liable for any loss (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss), damage or personal injury which is suffered or sustained (including without limitation to that caused by any person’s negligence) relating to this Promotion or the awarding or taking of the prizes except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case liability is limited to the minimum amount allowable by law).
Australian Consumer Law
35. A winner has rights under the Australian Consumer Law and other similar legislation which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified by the Promoter. These rights include a statutory guarantee that any services provided by the Promoter will be rendered with due care and skill and that any goods will be of acceptable quality. These Conditions of Entry do not exclude, restrict or modify those statutory rights in any way. However, to the extent it is permitted by law to do so, the Promoter makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, other than the Australian Consumer Law, regarding the quality and suitability of the prize awarded under these Conditions of Entry and will not be responsible for breach of any such implied terms.
36. Entrants release Facebook and its associated companies from all liability arising in respect of the Promotion and acknowledge that: (a) the Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook; (b) any information provided by the entrant in connection with the Promotion is provided to the Promoter and not to Facebook; and (c) any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Promotion will be directed to the Promoter, not to Facebook.
37. Promoter has the right to publicise, broadcast, film, publish and communicate to the public the names, characters, likenesses or voices of any entrants for any promotion or matter incidental to the Promotion.
38. Contestants consent to their entry being read out on air and/or to their telephone and other conversations with the Promoter being broadcast on air and communicate to the public on the website/s.
39. Contestants may be required by the Promoter to participate in photo, recording, video and/or film session(s) (the “publicity materials”) and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to use such publicity materials in any medium (including, without limitation, the internet) and in any reasonable manner it sees fit, unless that person advises the Promoter at the time of entering the Promotion that he/she wishes to retain his/her anonymity.
40. By entering this Promotion all entrants:
a) assign to the Promoter all rights including present and future copyright in their entry and the publicity materials in all media (including, without limitation, the internet) and whether in existence now or created in the future;
b) agree not to assert any moral rights in respect of their entry and the publicity materials (wherever and whenever such rights are recognised) against the Promoter, its assigns, licensees and successors in title; and
c) undertake to the Promoter that their entry is not in breach of any third party intellectual property rights.
Technical Malfunctions / Tampering
41. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, communication network, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise, injury or damage to entries or to participants’ or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in or down-loading any materials in this Promotion. If the Promotion is not capable of being conducted due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control, including due to any technical or communications problems, the Promoter reserves the right to amend, suspend or cancel the competition subject to approval from any relevant authority.
42. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify all entries from any entrant who tampers with, or benefits from tampering with, the entry process or the Promotion. Entrants can enter the Promotion once. Automatically- or computer-generated entries will not be accepted.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Geelong Cats may from time to time where reasonably necessary vary the terms and conditions of Geelong Cats Membership. The Geelong Cats will communicate any change to its membership terms and conditions via the Geelong Cats membership website, located at membership.geelongcats.com.au. Members will have no claim against Geelong Cats by reason of any change made to its membership terms and conditions.
GENERAL ADMISSION ACCESS MEMBERSHIPS
Access to matches is not guaranteed. Access is subject to capacity and you are encouraged to reserve a seat in order to guarantee entry, particularly at high demand matches. Members will be required to pay additional fees and charges when reserving a seat. Access may be gained to unreserved seating on a first-come, first served basis subject to availability and Members can upgrade to a reserved seat at the venue for an additional fee subject to availability.
Additional fees and charges may apply. Entry is subject to capacity and may not be guaranteed.
GRAND FINAL ACCESS
Geelong Cats will communicate information relating to the Grand Final to members in late August/early September should we be participating in finals. This will include information in relation to obtaining a Grand Final ticket. This information will be communicated via mail, through email and on the Geelong Cats and AFL websites. It is the responsibility of the member to ensure that their contact information is correct and that they have familiarised themselves with all membership requirements and information.
The following members do not have access to Grand Final ticketing:
- Full AFL Geelong Club Support members (must purchase tickets through AFL allocation)
- Social Club Life Members who have not purchased a Geelong Cats membership
- Members who purchased their membership after 31 August 2016
- Members who hold a Casual, Digital, Kitty Cat or International membership
- Club Cats Gold Card, Tabaret and Gaming Members
Those members with Priority Access (Social Club Members and Premiership members with eligible memberships) will be required to follow the appropriate procedures as communicated by Geelong Cats in order to secure their ticket. Members who do not follow the procedure as outlined by Geelong Cats will forfeit their right to access a ticket.
COMMUNICATION AND NOTICES
Upon becoming a member you consent to receiving communication and notices from Geelong Cats in any one of the manners noted below. It is the members' obligation to provide and maintain accurate contact details. Members can update details by contacting Geelong Cats, updating details on renewal forms or via MyCats Account. Geelong Cats may also provide additional opportunities to update details via email, SMS or direct mail.
The Geelong Cats will manage and protect personal information in accordance with Australian Privacy Principles in accordance with . From time to time, the Geelong Cats or one of its Corporate Partners may contact you by mail, telephone or by other communication methods including but not limited to email and/or SMS, to provide notices as required or information that Geelong Cats believes may be relevant to you. To update or edit your communication preferences log into your MyCATS Account to subscribe/unsubscribe under the edit email preference section.
REFUNDS & CANCELLATIONS
As a general policy, memberships (including reserved seats and add-on packages) are non-refundable however requests may be considered where reasonable circumstances apply. Such requests must be submitted in writing and addressed to the Membership Manager.
Should the membership be on a payment plan and a request to cancel has been submitted, the club may approve cancellation of future financial deductions and retain monies up until the time of request.
Premiership Membership is not refundable after purchase or if Geelong Cats do not compete in the Grand Final.
Should a full refund or cancellation be approved, a cancellation fee of $20 per membership will apply and be retained by the Club.
Members are required to notify Membership Services in writing via email or letter of any lost or stolen membership and/or reserved seating card. The lost/stolen membership barcode will be cancelled immediately, therefore blocking its use for ground access. Upon notification, a replacement membership card will be issued. A $10 fee applies for lost cards. If the card is stolen and a statutory declaration can be provided, no fee will be charged.
Please note the following conditions apply to Social Club membership in addition to the general membership guidelines:
- Social Club membership cards (and Social Club seats) are strictly non-transferable; members found lending their cards to other attendees will forfeit their Social Club membership privileges
- Social Club membership cards must be displayed at all times on match-days
- Full Social Club members are not eligible to have a season Simonds Stadium seat linked to their Social Club membership. If they wish to hold a Simonds Stadium season seat they must take out a second Geelong Cats membership
- Abuse of Social Club membership privileges against the Social Club guidelines will lead to the forfeiture of these privileges
- Social Club membership does not guarantee access to the Social Club area or seating within the Social Club. Access is always subject to capacity and availability and members must follow arrangements as outlined in these guidelines or as communicated by the Club
- All Full Social Club members must hold a valid Geelong Cats membership (excludes Casual, 3-Game, Country, Interstate and Melbourne Memberships)
- A junior must be aged over 11 years as of 1 January of the relevant year to join the Social Club.
For full terms, conditions and further information please click here to access the Membership guidelines.
Please note: Casual Memberships do not include any game entitlements or access to purchase AFL Grand Final tickets should Geelong Cats compete.
To be eligible for Country Membership the member must reside more than 120km by the shortest road route from Simonds Stadium to their registered place of residence or live interstate from Victoria.
Please note: Entry to the ground for all memberships is subject to capacity.
The membership package does not include access to AFL Grand Final tickets should Geelong Cats compete.
If there is no game in your state, Country Member benefits apply.
Juniors as part of the Family Country membership will receive the same entitlements as a Junior Home Membership
For the purposes of Membership, family consists of two (2) adults and up to four (4) juniors (under the age of 14 years as of 01/01/2016), all residing at the same address.
- Premiership Members will have priority access to purchase a Grand Final ticket only if Geelong Cats are competing.
- This does not include the cost of a Grand Final ticket.
- Premiership Membership is not refundable after purchase or if Geelong Cats do not compete in the Grand Final.
- Geelong Cats will communicate finals information to members in late August/early September, should Geelong Cats compete. This will include information regarding accessing a Grand Final ticket.
- Grand Final ticket information may be communicated via mail, email, SMS, Inner Sanctum email and on the Geelong Cats and AFL websites.
- It is the responsibility of the Premiership Member to ensure that their contact information is correct and complete at all times, and ensure that they have familiarised themselves with this information. The member will be responsible for the accuracy and completeness of the information provided to Geelong Cats.
- Premiership Members will be required to follow the appropriate procedures as communicated by Geelong Cats in order to secure their ticket. Members who do not follow the procedures outlined by Geelong Cats will forfeit their right to a Grand Final ticket.
- Members must hold a current 2017 Geelong Cats Home, Melbourne or Home & Away membership to be eligible for this package.
- Full AFL Club Support, Country, Interstate, 3-Game and Supporter members are not eligible for this packages.
Premiership Membership 2017 Grand Final Competition
- Membership must be financially compliant at the time of the draw
- Entries close at 5pm Friday 1 September 2017
- Winner will be drawn by random selection on Wednesday 6th September at 3pm
- All 2017 Premiership Members (excluding Social Club members) as at 5pm are automatically entered into the draw
- Winner will receive 2 (two) reserved seat tickets to the 2017 Toyota AFL Grand Final
- Should the Geelong Cats Grand Final Brunch event not proceed in 2017, the winner will receive 2 (two) tickets to the 2017 Geelong Cats Carji Greeves Medal night.
- Prizes cannot be exchanged for cash or for any other offer or event
- The winner will be notified by phone or email within 3 business days of the draw.
- If requested by the Geelong Cats, the winner and their guest must participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding the winning of the prize, free of charge. If you are a winner, you consent to us using your name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without compensation for the purpose of promoting this Promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- The Geelong Cats and its representatives associated with this Promotion will not be liable for any loss (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss), damage or personal injury which is suffered or sustained (including without limitation to that caused by any person’s negligence) relating to this Promotion or the awarding or taking of the prizes except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case liability is limited to the minimum amount allowable by law).
- Grand Final Ticket category is determined by Geelong Cats
SEATING & TICKETING
Every season seat (Geelong and Melbourne based) must be connected to a Geelong Cats (or AFL Geelong Cats Club Support) Membership. Season seating cannot be purchased without a membership.
Geelong Cats reserves the right to increase prices and/or to determine and change the price category of seats at its discretion. Geelong Cats reserves the right to re-configure or change the seating layout and or the bay/stand design in conjunction with Stadium Management as required. Geelong Cats are not obligated to notify or seek approval from seat holders to make changes to seating or surrounding areas.
Stadium seating remains the property of Stadium Management and is made available to Geelong Cats to offer a renewal/lease arrangement to members on a yearly basis for Geelong Cats home games only. Season seat holders do not hold any rights to access their season seat for any other events or games apart from home games as specified by Geelong Cats within the AFL season.
Full view (100%) of the game and arena is not guaranteed from any category of seating. Any seat classified as Restricted Viewing will be determined by Geelong Cats with any such seat being charged at the Silver or Bronze price category (depending on location) at the Geelong Cats' discretion. Any seat classified as either undercover or underneath a roofline does not guarantee protection from the elements.
Seat holders are required to purchase a membership for every season seat held/renewed. Memberships therefore must be paid for at the time of renewing. Additional memberships are also required for those who hold one or more seats and a Social Club Membership. Geelong Cats reserves the right to amend its policies and terms and conditions as outlined herewith at its sole discretion without prior notification to members.
By renewing (making payment) of season seats in any year, members are agreeing to comply and observe all of the terms for season seating as displayed on the Geelong Cats website located at geelongcats.com.au. Each member should review these terms prior to the renewal process.
Geelong Cats do not authorise the on selling of any season seating (or daily seats) or membership under any circumstances. Unauthorised on-selling of tickets and memberships may result in membership/ticket cancellation.
The Club reserves the right to change any member’s allocated reserved seat at Simonds Stadium, MCG or Etihad Stadium where required by the venue or the AFL, or to accommodate other Members or close gaps within seating bays. Where possible, the Club will endeavour to accommodate any changes within the same seating bay as previously allocated.
Season seating renewals are offered subject to availability and Geelong Cats will endeavour to offer a season seat renewal in each year to those who have held season seats in the previous year. This offer will however, be at the discretion of Geelong Cats and is not guaranteed that Geelong Cats will reserve the right to these seats at all times. Should Geelong Cats not be able to offer a seat renewal, the option of alternative seating may be offered at Geelong Cats' discretion. Renewal notifications for membership and season seats will be sent to the registered address of the member in October/November of each year. It is the responsibility of the member to be diligent in following up on renewal forms which may not have been received and to ensure that Geelong Cats are provided their contact details are correct at all times.
Due by Date
The due by date for seats will be printed on the renewal form, and may vary from year to year. This will generally be mid-December. Members will not receive personal renewal reminders via mail, email or telephone if seats have not been renewed after the due date. Failure to renew season reserved seats by the specified due date in each year will forfeit the member's right of renewal.
The acceptance of any late renewal will be determined solely by Geelong Cats. In such cases where late renewals are offered, late fees may be applicable. Where late renewals are not accepted, members are required to re-apply for seating as a new applicant.
Leave of Absence
Geelong Cats do not offer a leave of absence for season seating. To retain renewal rights to seating members must purchase both a Club Membership (or AFL membership) and season seat each year.
Season seats can be transferred to another existing or new member provided that the appropriate section on the renewal form has been completed.* Any transfers and appropriate renewal fees must also be paid by the specified due date. Seat transfers will not be accepted after the renewal due date.
*Seat transfers are not available to Social Club undercover and open seat holders or any seating involved in a stadium redevelopment.
Seating for Children
Children must be 14 years of age and under as at 1 January in the current membership year to be eligible for junior priced seating. Proof of a date of birth must be supplied for all junior seat applicants.
Children under four (4) years old are not required to have a seat purchased for them. However they must not occupy a seat and will be required to sit on the lap of a parent or guardian. The parent or guardian is responsible for the child at all times whilst in the stadium. The child is not permitted to sit in aisles or run/move around the stadium or surrounding area to the detriment of other attendees. If you wish to purchase a season seat for a child under six (6) years of age and do not wish to purchase a junior membership then a Statutory Declaration must be provided indicating that this child will be the only person utilising the seat.
CONCESSION MEMBERSHIP POLICY
Any member eligible for or considering a concession membership MUST provide a copy of their concession ID or produce their concession ID at the point of purchase.
Valid concession types are as follows:
Holders of a Pension Card issued by:
- Department of Health and Community Services
- Department of Community Services
- Department of Veteran Affairs (Gold card only with all conditions)
Pension Types include:
|Concession Type||ID required ONCE only||ID required yearly|
|Single Supporting Parents||X|
|Full-time Tertiary Student*||X|
|Full-time Secondary School Year 7-10**
(not required if being upgraded from Junior to Concession Youth)
|Documentation only required for new members|
|Full-time Secondary School Year 11-12||X|
*Tertiary Student identification MUST state that the student is full time. If not, the student must provide supporting documentation from the enrolled school proving full time status.
**Documentation is not required if a renewing member is being upgraded from Junior to Concession Youth. The member must advise Geelong Cats of their year level for the current year.
Who is not eligible for concession?
Dependants listed on a pension card are NOT eligible for concession membership unless they hold their own pension card. The person issued the pension card is the only person eligible for a concession membership.
Health Care card holders are NOT eligible
Concession members MUST produce their valid concession card along with their concession membership to gain entry to all stadiums. If the member is no longer eligible for a concession during the football season, the member will be required to upgrade to a full Adult membership.
Members who have purchased an Adult Membership and later obtain a valid concession card may downgrade their membership to a concession prior to the commencement of the Home and Away season. Downgrades are not accepted after the commencement of the Home and Away season. The member must provide the valid concession card and the Adult membership card to Membership Services before a refund of the difference will be issued.
Concession memberships purchased without proof of concession will be accepted however membership cards will NOT be activated until concession identification has been sighted by Membership Services.
2017 Simonds Stadium Seat Return
- 100% credit is on the seat component of your package per match and excludes the membership entry component.
- The official Geelong Cats Seat Return program has no association to the Ticketmaster Resale platform
- Season seat return is only available for Simonds Stadium Season Seat products that are paid for by the member
- Once seats are returned they cannot be returned back to the member
- Once seats are returned the membership barcode will be retired for the relevant game and the membership card cannot be used for either entry into the venue or access to seating
- Returned seats will be released in accordance with public demand for tickets in specific seat categories. There is no guarantee that your seat will be resold if returned
- For seats that are returned and sold, the rewards structure will be based on the season seat fee paid by the member.
- Reward credits are not issued to members if the seat is not resold
- Payment of any proceeds from the seat return will be by account credit only – there is no cash compensation
- Members will receive a credit on their membership account prior to renewal time which will entitle them to a discount off their Simonds Stadium season seat renewal for the following season only. Unused credits will not carry over for future renewals and will be removed from the member’s account at the completion of the following season
- If a member chooses not to renew their seat(s) and membership(s) there will be no compensation. Any credits issued on the member’s account will become void
- Available to full priced membership/seat packages only, discounted membership/seat packages are ineligible
- Seat return credits are not transferable under any circumstances
- If your seat sells, you will earn a membership credit that will be applied to your 2018 membership package. If your seat doesn't sell there is no credit for that match. Seat Return credits can be found below:
Member rebate per match
Member rebate per match
Brownlow Club Undercover
Brownlow Club Open
Premiership Club Undercover
Premiership Club Open
Hickey Club Undercover
Hickey Club Open
Players Club Undercover
Players Club Open
Ablett Club Open
Member Reserve seating
The Geelong Football Club reserves the right to change any Member’s allocated reserved seat at Simonds Stadium, MCG or Etihad Stadium where required by the venue or the AFL, or to accommodate other Members or close gaps within seating bays.
Where possible, the Club will endeavour to accommodate any changes within the same seating bay as previously allocated.
OPEN AIR BOX SMS COMPETITION
- Prize not transferrable for cash
- Winner can select any Geelong Cats home game in 2017
- Winner selected 01/09/16 and notified via supplied mobile number
- Terms and conditions may change at discretion of Geelong Cats