The contents of this website have been carefully compiled and the information provided was believed to be true and correct at the time of production. The Board of Directors of Geelong Football Club Limited ("Geelong Cats"), their agents and/or servants shall not be held responsible for any loss or damage arising from any inaccuracy or other defect in the information, documentation or external information.
COMMITTED CATS PROGRAM
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Geelong Cats may from time to time where reasonably necessary vary the terms and conditions of Geelong Cats Membership. The Geelong Cats will communicate any change to its membership terms and conditions via the Geelong Cats membership website, located at membership.geelongcats.com.au. Members will have no claim against Geelong Cats by reason of any change made to its membership terms and conditions.
GENERAL ADMISSION ACCESS MEMBERSHIPS
Access to matches is not guaranteed. Access is subject to capacity and you are encouraged to reserve a seat in order to guarantee entry, particularly at high demand matches. Members will be required to pay additional fees and charges when reserving a seat. Access may be gained to unreserved seating on a first-come, first served basis subject to availability and Members can upgrade to a reserved seat at the venue for an additional fee subject to availability.
Additional fees and charges may apply. Entry is subject to capacity and may not be guaranteed.
GRAND FINAL ACCESS
Geelong Cats will communicate information relating to the Grand Final to members in late August/early September should we be participating in finals. This will include information in relation to obtaining a Grand Final ticket. This information will be communicated via mail, through email and on the Geelong Cats and AFL websites. It is the responsibility of the member to ensure that their contact information is correct and that they have familiarised themselves with all membership requirements and information.
The following members do not have access to Grand Final ticketing:
- Full AFL Geelong Club Support members (must purchase tickets through AFL allocation)
- Social Club Life Members who have not purchased a Geelong Cats membership
- Members who purchased their membership after 31 August 2016
- Members who hold a Casual, Digital, Kitty Cat or International membership
- Club Cats Gold Card, Tabaret and Gaming Members
Those members with Priority Access (Social Club Members and Premiership members with eligible memberships) will be required to follow the appropriate procedures as communicated by Geelong Cats in order to secure their ticket. Members who do not follow the procedure as outlined by Geelong Cats will forfeit their right to access a ticket.
COMMUNICATION AND NOTICES
Upon becoming a member you consent to receiving communication and notices from Geelong Cats in any one of the manners noted below. It is the members' obligation to provide and maintain accurate contact details. Members can update details by contacting Geelong Cats, updating details on renewal forms or via MyCats Account. Geelong Cats may also provide additional opportunities to update details via email, SMS or direct mail.
The Geelong Cats will manage and protect personal information in accordance with Australian Privacy Principles in accordance with . From time to time, the Geelong Cats or one of its Corporate Partners may contact you by mail, telephone or by other communication methods including but not limited to email and/or SMS, to provide notices as required or information that Geelong Cats believes may be relevant to you. To update or edit your communication preferences log into your MyCATS Account to subscribe/unsubscribe under the edit email preference section.
REFUNDS & CANCELLATIONS
As a general policy, memberships (including reserved seats and add-on packages) are non-refundable however requests may be considered where reasonable circumstances apply. Such requests must be submitted in writing and addressed to the Membership Manager.
Should the membership be on a payment plan and a request to cancel has been submitted, the club may approve cancellation of future financial deductions and retain monies up until the time of request.
Premiership Membership is not refundable after purchase or if Geelong Cats do not compete in the Grand Final.
Should a full refund or cancellation be approved, a cancellation fee of $20 per membership will apply and be retained by the Club.
Members are required to notify Membership Services in writing via email or letter of any lost or stolen membership and/or reserved seating card. The lost/stolen membership barcode will be cancelled immediately, therefore blocking its use for ground access. Upon notification, a replacement membership card will be issued. A $10 fee applies for lost cards. If the card is stolen and a statutory declaration can be provided, no fee will be charged.
Please note the following conditions apply to Social Club membership in addition to the general membership guidelines:
- Social Club membership cards (and Social Club seats) are strictly non-transferable; members found lending their cards to other attendees will forfeit their Social Club membership privileges
- Social Club membership cards must be displayed at all times on match-days
- Full Social Club members are not eligible to have a season Simonds Stadium seat linked to their Social Club membership. If they wish to hold a Simonds Stadium season seat they must take out a second Geelong Cats membership
- Abuse of Social Club membership privileges against the Social Club guidelines will lead to the forfeiture of these privileges
- Social Club membership does not guarantee access to the Social Club area or seating within the Social Club. Access is always subject to capacity and availability and members must follow arrangements as outlined in these guidelines or as communicated by the Club
- All Full Social Club members must hold a valid Geelong Cats membership (excludes Casual, 3-Game, Country, Interstate and Melbourne Memberships)
- A junior must be aged over 11 years as of 1 January of the relevant year to join the Social Club.
For full terms, conditions and further information please click here to access the Membership guidelines.
Please note: Casual Memberships do not include any game entitlements or access to purchase AFL Grand Final tickets should Geelong Cats compete.
To be eligible for Country Membership the member must reside more than 120km by the shortest road route from Simonds Stadium to their registered place of residence or live interstate from Victoria.
Please note: Entry to the ground for all memberships is subject to capacity.
The membership package does not include access to AFL Grand Final tickets should Geelong Cats compete.
If there is no game in your state, Country Member benefits apply.
Juniors as part of the Family Country membership will receive the same entitlements as a Junior Home Membership
For the purposes of Membership, family consists of two (2) adults and up to four (4) juniors (under the age of 14 years as of 01/01/2016), all residing at the same address.
- Premiership Members will have priority access to purchase a Grand Final ticket only if Geelong Cats are competing.
- This does not include the cost of a Grand Final ticket.
- Premiership Membership is not refundable after purchase or if Geelong Cats do not compete in the Grand Final.
- Geelong Cats will communicate finals information to members in late August/early September, should Geelong Cats compete. This will include information regarding accessing a Grand Final ticket.
- Grand Final ticket information may be communicated via mail, email, SMS, Inner Sanctum email and on the Geelong Cats and AFL websites.
- It is the responsibility of the Premiership Member to ensure that their contact information is correct and complete at all times, and ensure that they have familiarised themselves with this information. The member will be responsible for the accuracy and completeness of the information provided to Geelong Cats.
- Premiership Members will be required to follow the appropriate procedures as communicated by Geelong Cats in order to secure their ticket. Members who do not follow the procedures outlined by Geelong Cats will forfeit their right to a Grand Final ticket.
- Members must hold a current 2016 Geelong Cats Home, Melbourne or Home & Away membership to be eligible for this package.
- Full AFL Club Support, Country, Interstate, 3-Game and Supporter members are not eligible for this package.
SEATING & TICKETING
Every season seat (Geelong and Melbourne based) must be connected to a Geelong Cats (or AFL Geelong Cats Club Support) Membership. Season seating cannot be purchased without a membership.
Geelong Cats reserves the right to increase prices and/or to determine and change the price category of seats at its discretion. Geelong Cats reserves the right to re-configure or change the seating layout and or the bay/stand design in conjunction with Stadium Management as required. Geelong Cats are not obligated to notify or seek approval from seat holders to make changes to seating or surrounding areas.
Stadium seating remains the property of Stadium Management and is made available to Geelong Cats to offer a renewal/lease arrangement to members on a yearly basis for Geelong Cats home games only. Season seat holders do not hold any rights to access their season seat for any other events or games apart from home games as specified by Geelong Cats within the AFL season.
Full view (100%) of the game and arena is not guaranteed from any category of seating. Any seat classified as Restricted Viewing will be determined by Geelong Cats with any such seat being charged at the Silver or Bronze price category (depending on location) at the Geelong Cats' discretion. Any seat classified as either undercover or underneath a roofline does not guarantee protection from the elements.
Seat holders are required to purchase a membership for every season seat held/renewed. Memberships therefore must be paid for at the time of renewing. Additional memberships are also required for those who hold one or more seats and a Social Club Membership. Geelong Cats reserves the right to amend its policies and terms and conditions as outlined herewith at its sole discretion without prior notification to members.
By renewing (making payment) of season seats in any year, members are agreeing to comply and observe all of the terms for season seating as displayed on the Geelong Cats website located at geelongcats.com.au. Each member should review these terms prior to the renewal process.
Geelong Cats do not authorise the on selling of any season seating (or daily seats) or membership under any circumstances. Unauthorised on-selling of tickets and memberships may result in membership/ticket cancellation.
The Club reserves the right to change any member’s allocated reserved seat at Simonds Stadium, MCG or Etihad Stadium where required by the venue or the AFL, or to accommodate other Members or close gaps within seating bays. Where possible, the Club will endeavour to accommodate any changes within the same seating bay as previously allocated.
Season seating renewals are offered subject to availability and Geelong Cats will endeavour to offer a season seat renewal in each year to those who have held season seats in the previous year. This offer will however, be at the discretion of Geelong Cats and is not guaranteed that Geelong Cats will reserve the right to these seats at all times. Should Geelong Cats not be able to offer a seat renewal, the option of alternative seating may be offered at Geelong Cats' discretion. Renewal notifications for membership and season seats will be sent to the registered address of the member in October/November of each year. It is the responsibility of the member to be diligent in following up on renewal forms which may not have been received and to ensure that Geelong Cats are provided their contact details are correct at all times.
Due by Date
The due by date for seats will be printed on the renewal form, and may vary from year to year. This will generally be mid-December. Members will not receive personal renewal reminders via mail, email or telephone if seats have not been renewed after the due date. Failure to renew season reserved seats by the specified due date in each year will forfeit the member's right of renewal.
The acceptance of any late renewal will be determined solely by Geelong Cats. In such cases where late renewals are offered, late fees may be applicable. Where late renewals are not accepted, members are required to re-apply for seating as a new applicant.
Leave of Absence
Geelong Cats do not offer a leave of absence for season seating. To retain renewal rights to seating members must purchase both a Club Membership (or AFL membership) and season seat each year.
Season seats can be transferred to another existing or new member provided that the appropriate section on the renewal form has been completed.* Any transfers and appropriate renewal fees must also be paid by the specified due date. Seat transfers will not be accepted after the renewal due date.
*Seat transfers are not available to Social Club undercover and open seat holders or any seating involved in a stadium redevelopment.
Seating for Children
Children must be 14 years of age and under as at 1 January in the current membership year to be eligible for junior priced seating. Proof of a date of birth must be supplied for all junior seat applicants.
Children under four (4) years old are not required to have a seat purchased for them. However they must not occupy a seat and will be required to sit on the lap of a parent or guardian. The parent or guardian is responsible for the child at all times whilst in the stadium. The child is not permitted to sit in aisles or run/move around the stadium or surrounding area to the detriment of other attendees. If you wish to purchase a season seat for a child under six (6) years of age and do not wish to purchase a junior membership then a Statutory Declaration must be provided indicating that this child will be the only person utilising the seat.
CONCESSION MEMBERSHIP POLICY
Any member eligible for or considering a concession membership MUST provide a copy of their concession ID or produce their concession ID at the point of purchase.
Valid concession types are as follows:
Holders of a Pension Card issued by:
- Department of Health and Community Services
- Department of Community Services
- Department of Veteran Affairs (Gold card only with all conditions)
Pension Types include:
|Concession Type||ID required ONCE only||ID required yearly|
|Single Supporting Parents||X|
|Full-time Tertiary Student*||X|
|Full-time Secondary School Year 7-10**
(not required if being upgraded from Junior to Concession Youth)
|Documentation only required for new members|
|Full-time Secondary School Year 11-12||X|
*Tertiary Student identification MUST state that the student is full time. If not, the student must provide supporting documentation from the enrolled school proving full time status.
**Documentation is not required if a renewing member is being upgraded from Junior to Concession Youth. The member must advise Geelong Cats of their year level for the current year.
Who is not eligible for concession?
Dependants listed on a pension card are NOT eligible for concession membership unless they hold their own pension card. The person issued the pension card is the only person eligible for a concession membership.
Health Care card holders are NOT eligible
Concession members MUST produce their valid concession card along with their concession membership to gain entry to all stadiums. If the member is no longer eligible for a concession during the football season, the member will be required to upgrade to a full Adult membership.
Members who have purchased an Adult Membership and later obtain a valid concession card may downgrade their membership to a concession prior to the commencement of the Home and Away season. Downgrades are not accepted after the commencement of the Home and Away season. The member must provide the valid concession card and the Adult membership card to Membership Services before a refund of the difference will be issued.
Concession memberships purchased without proof of concession will be accepted however membership cards will NOT be activated until concession identification has been sighted by Membership Services.
2016 Simonds Stadium Seat Return
- 100% credit is on the seat component of your package per match and excludes the membership entry component.
- The official Geelong Cats Seat Return program has no association to the Ticketmaster Resale platform
- Season seat return is only available for Fred Flanagan, Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze Simonds Stadium Season Seat products that are paid for by the member
- Once seats are returned they cannot be returned back to the member
- Once seats are returned the membership barcode will be retired for the relevant game and the membership card cannot be used for either entry into the venue or access to seating
- Returned seats will be released in accordance with public demand for tickets in specific seat categories. There is no guarantee that your seat will be resold if returned
- For seats that are returned and sold, the rewards structure will be based on the season seat fee paid by the member. The 2016 fee structure will be updated once ticket pricing is confirmed, early 2016.
- Reward credits are not issued to members if the seat is not resold
- Payment of any proceeds from the seat return will be by account credit only – there is no cash compensation
- Members will receive a credit on their membership account prior to renewal time which will entitle them to a discount off their Simonds Stadium season seat renewal for the following season only. Unused credits will not carry over for future renewals and will be removed from the member’s account at the completion of the following season
- If a member chooses not to renew their seat(s) and membership(s) there will be no compensation. Any credits issued on the member’s account will become void
- Available to full priced membership/seat packages only, discounted membership/seat packages are ineligible
- Seat return credits are not transferable under any circumstances
- If your seat sells, you will earn a membership credit that will be applied to your 2017 membership package. If your seat doesn't sell there is no credit for that match. Seat Return credits can be found below:
|Price category||Member rebate per match||Member rebate per match|
|Fred Flanagan Room||$48.00||$24.00|
Member Reserve seating
The Geelong Football Club reserves the right to change any Member’s allocated reserved seat at Simonds Stadium, MCG or Etihad Stadium where required by the venue or the AFL, or to accommodate other Members or close gaps within seating bays.
Where possible, the Club will endeavour to accommodate any changes within the same seating bay as previously allocated.
OPEN AIR BOX SMS COMPETITION
- Prize not transferrable for cash
- Winner can select any Geelong Cats home game in 2017
- Winner selected 01/09/16 and notified via supplied mobile number
- Terms and conditions may change at discretion of Geelong Cats